ROSEBURG TO COOS BAY RELAY
Saturday, April 20, 2024
Registration closes April 1st.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR RACERS
1. We will no longer be handing out paper maps. Please download the race packet to your smart phone BEFORE starting the race or print on your computer at home. There is no cell service for most of the route, so make sure you download maps before you start.
2. Start times are based on the estimated 10k and 1 mile times you provided. Start times ensure that all teams finish roughly around the same time. Please come to the start line at least ½ hour before your start time to pick up your timing sheets and other race materials. There will be a brief meeting 15 minutes before start time. The coveted Race Director’s award will go to the team that finishes closest to their projected finish time.
3. The race ends at the Coos Bay History Museum.
5. There will be a free dinner and free 7-Devil’s beer or non-alcoholic pro-biotic lemonade for all participants. Family and friends can purchase a meal at the event for $15. Additional 7-Devils beer will be available for purchase.
6. We will again have a spirit award! We have so much fun on this run/walk event that we want to have an award that promotes the fun and festive factor. Teams, bring your best party mode and be ready to vote for the most spirited team on course.
7. Remember this course is not supported. You are responsible for ensuring your team makes it to the finish line safely. Bring lots of water and snacks. The roads are open to traffic and locals drive fast and furious. Please be aware at all times and wear bright colors.
8. A huge thanks to our sponsors! We couldn’t put this on without them. Sponsors include: 7-Devils Brewery, Roto-Rooter of Roseburg and Coos Bay, Advanced Health, Epuerto, Wild Coast Running Company, and Farrs Hardware. Buy local and thank them for supporting us! Also, thanks to the Lookingglass store which will again be opening early for us, the Dora Library, Fairview Church, and the Coos History Museum.
GENERAL RACE INFORMATION
68-mile run or 24-mile walk relay. Who says long-distance running is a lonely sport? Grab some friends and start cheering!
Beautiful course on quiet country roads along a river featuring waterfalls, big trees, and serious hills. This is a 68-mile, 5 person running team or 24-mile, 4 person walking team. Staggered start depending on predicted finishing time. The slowest running teams (or those who want to get more value for money) will start at 6AM. Runners start at KPIC-TV parking lot in Roseburg, walkers start in Laverne Park, Coquille.
The race will finish at the Coos Bay History Museum (1210 N. Front Street, Coos Bay). There will be free dinner and a 7-Devils beer (thanks 7-Devils!) for all participants.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT REGISTERING: All registration is on-line (sorry, it just got too much to enter everything and, well, you guys run better than you write). The team captain will enter a team name and pay for the entire team. Team members must register themselves (find your team by scrolling under “Select Existing Group/Team”) and enter estimated times for 10k (68-mile run) or 1 mile (24-mile walk) distances so we can provide your team with an accurate start time. Registration closes April 1.
No race-day registration.
Each team is responsible for providing their own maps (we recommend downloading onto your phone) and will be responsible for directing their own runners. There are minimal course markings along the way, but plan to direct your own runners. Bring plenty of water, food, and enthusiasm.
There are a couple of places with port-o-potties (and a couple of flush toilets!) along the route, but other than that, we have organized strategically placed bushes and trees along the route. Please be respectful of private property. If you need a bush, please find one at least 100 feet away from streams to keep our fishery healthy.
Sure you’re having a good time, but you’re also doing good in our community. Proceeds benefit Camp Millennium, dedicated to providing summer camp to children with cancer. In 2019, we donated almost $3,000.